Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day One - Freedom


I started a blog for a couple of reasons. The main reason is to challenge my fear of failure and mediocrity. I have a great desire to express my thoughts and feelings, however, the fear of being judged and the lack of self-acceptance has kept me from venturing forth until now. I doubted my ability because in high school I had a hard time learning grammar and writing. 

Second, in spite of my fear, I have a burning desire to tell my story using today's blogging format. I have many stories to share and to relive. At the moment, I don't care if one person reads my blog or millions.I am looking to find my voice.

Since I've overcome my fear of failure and took action to push my limits, I've decided to take up the 30-day blog challenge.In the past,  I've procrastinated with writing about my ancestry, therefore, I've decided to blog about my life and family history which is riddled with intrigue and to leave a breadcrumb for my children and family to read.

At the end of the 30-day blog challenge, I'd like to have challenge my fears, express my thoughts and feelings, improve my writing skills, honor my integrity and written a short autobiography.


No comments:

Post a Comment